We keep wondering how to remove holi colour from clothes, as well as hair and face. Don’t be concerned about the color stains on your clothes. Instead, enjoy every moment of the festivals. We’ve put together a simple step-by-step guide on how to remove color from clothes with the best cleaning tips to help you get rid of them quickly.
Remove Holi Colours
As much as we love playing holi, it’s still frustrating to deal with all the holi stains post celebration. It’s sometimes hard to remove color from clothes. Not only from clothes but face, hair, and nails too. It doesn’t go away for days if not properly cleaned. Here is the list of how to remove holi colour stains from clothes and hair, nails, and skin.
How to Remove Holi Colour from Clothes
There is nothing more annoying than removing color from clothes after playing holi. But there are many ways to remove color stains from white clothes as well as others. Keep reading to know how to remove holi color from clothes.
1. Some stains on your clothes will be more noticeable than others. You should start with these. Pour a mixture of vinegar, detergent powder, and water on the stains and let it sit for a few minutes.
2. Soak the entire cloth in detergent and lukewarm water for a few minutes before rinsing it.
3. There is a simple alternative to this process. A window cleaner can be used to remove colors from clothes. The window cleaner will clean the cloth. Allow the solution to sit on the stains for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with detergent.
4. Remove color stains from clothes as soon as possible. The longer the color remains on the clothes, the more difficult it is to remove. Bring non-washable garments to the dry cleaners as soon as possible and explain the stain.
5. To remove color stains from white clothes, soak them in water and then in hot water with non-chlorine bleach. Make sure to wash and dry them separately to avoid transferring color from one color to the other.
6. Lemon juice is yet another simple method for removing color stains from clothing. Lemons are acidic in nature, making them an effective ingredient for removing the color stain. Allow the stained lemon juice to soak for 15 minutes before scrubbing with your hands. Wash it as you normally would.
How to Remove Holi Colour From Face Easily
If you wonder how to remove holi colour from face easily, you just need to follow the steps given below.
1. Apply coconut oil before washing your face. It will double cleanse the face for the better. The oil melts away the color without being harsh on the skin. You can also use petroleum jelly instead of coconut oil if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
2. Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser. But never use any exfoliating product as it may be stripping to your already sensitive skin.
3. If you feel a burning sensation on your face, apply a generous amount of aloe vera gel and leave it for 15-20 minutes. It will soothe your irritated skin.
4. If you feel your skin is not clean enough and needs to be exfoliated, you can use any mineral clay mask. (Preferably Multani Mitti). This clay mask will remove the extra debris left inside pores, leave a cooling effect and hydrate your skin.
5. Finally, don’t forget to apply moisturizer to your face. It’s important to keep your skin hydrated so that the whole holi and cleansing episode doesn’t leave your skin with dry or oily patches.
How to Remove Holi Colour From Hair?
Taking care of your hair post holi is as important as taking care of your face and skin. Here’s how to remove holi colour from hair.
1. Apply coconut or almond oil or other hair oils before playing holi. The oil will not let the color stick to the hair.
2. Don’t wash your hair right after playing holi. The color can be very drying to hair and scalp. The rough texture of the color may cause hair breakage. So it’s important to melt down those colors from hair and wash it afterward.
3. You can make your hair masks. Make a mask of egg white and curd and apply it to your hair for 20-25 minutes. This mask will help bring back the moisture to your hair and meltdown the color from hair and scalp.
4. Wash your hair thoroughly with your favorite shampoo. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. It will help to open up the pores and help in deep cleansing. Wash it twice to clean it properly.
5. Apply conditioner to your wet hair after shampooing. It would be even better if you could deep condition your hair. Leave the conditioner in your hair for 15-20 minutes for deep conditioning. Avoid the scalp during conditioning.
6. Avoid using heat for styling for 2-3 days. Allow your hair to come back to normal before you style again.
How to Remove Holi Colour from Nails?
If you’re wondering how to remove holi colour from nails, it’s quite easy. You just need to follow the steps given below.
1. Before playing holi, apply a thick coat of nail paint. It will not allow the holi color to ruin the nails.
2. But if you didn’t apply the nail paint and the holi color had already stained your nails, you just need a piece of lemon. Rub it thoroughly onto your nails. The acid of the lemon will dissolve away the color from the nails.
3. If you don’t want to rub lemon directly into the skin, you can follow this method. Add some vinegar to lukewarm water and soak your hands for a few minutes. It will work the same as the lemon.
4. The chemical in the holi color contains chemicals that can cause dull and brittle nails. After cleaning your nails with vinegar or lemon juice, apply a moisturizer like hand cream, oil, or petroleum jelly. It will avoid your nails drying out entirely and eventually breaking off.
It’s very important to remove the holi color from clothes, skin, hair, and nails. The holi color contains chemicals that can be very drying and damaging. Taking those colors off can sometimes be a pain, but it’s not that hard to follow the right way to clean them. I hope this article helps determine how to remove holi colors from clothes and hair, nails, and hands.