An elliptical cross trainer is one of the best ways to level up your health. Working out regularly on it can help rejuvenate your overall mood as it helps relieve tension, anxiety, anger, prevents excessive obesity, fatigue and with the help of an elliptical trainer, you can workout daily even if you stay at home.
What Is An Elliptical Cross Trainer?
Cross trainers are a piece of cardio training equipment just like treadmills and exercise cycles are and they are considered all-rounder equipment since it generates the motion of pedalling, climbing, front and back motions, and running in a single movement. Elliptical cross trainers have comfortable footpads to stand upon, equipped with adjustable handles to hold, and many other types of attachments and features to give you a full-body workout.
Cross trainers are highly beneficial for your legs and their muscles. Elliptical cross trainers are touted as one of the best ranges of fitness equipment since your foot remains intact with the machine without putting a strain on your joints. Interested in buying an elliptical cross trainer? Keep reading to see our reviews on the best cross trainer for home.
Best Elliptical Cross Trainer In India
Due to its strong performance, Cockatoo CE03 ADVANCE is one of the best-selling elliptical cross-trainers. The manufactures are dedicated to delivering high-quality exercise equipment for high-quality workout sessions.
The cockatoo CE03 Advance is a durable, resilient and comfortable fitness tool that can hold people as heavy as 120 kg and as tall as 190 centimetres. With the LCD screen integrated into the elliptical cross trainer, you can check all your exercise’s crucial stats. Stats such as calories burnt, speed, distance and time help analyse your session. You can also use the buttons next to the LCD screen to adjust the 8 magnetic resistance levels.
The elliptical cross trainer’s pedals provide some stability, and the foot pedals automatically incline based on the degree of the slope. The pedals are also textured to provide you with a maximum grip. This will prevent you from falling when you are pushing the machine to its limit. All of these features make the Cockatoo CE03 Advance the best cross trainer for home use in India.
- Powerful machine with high capacity
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance
- Have 3 levels of pedal adjustment feature
- Can hold a maximum weight of 130 kg
- It has a 6 KG flywheel
- Easy to assemble
- Appropriate for all
- It has a heavy-duty steel frame
- Digital meter for tracking time, distance, speed, wattage, heart rate, calories burned, and rotations per minute.
- Comes with LCD
- Can make certain noises while working
Reach, one of the best cross trainer brand in India is touted to make good quality products that have set a standard in the market. This Reach elliptical cross trainer has an ultra-functional console that shows you the time, speed, distance and calories burnt. The details shown on the screen are large, making it easily readable.
For the workout, this elliptical cross trainer has an 8 kg flywheel which provides decent resistance. It also has 8 levels of magnetic resistance that you can increase or decrease conveniently depending on the intensity you prefer.
For safety, this model provides you with anti-slip pedals and anti-shake resistance features, which will prevent any unfortunate accidents that can happen whenever you use a fitness tool. Another important safety feature is the stride length. Having a good stride length is essential to prevent any injury to the knee or the hamstring.
When you buy this elliptical cross trainer, you will receive a 1-year warranty, which is the minimum warranty period you can expect from any elliptical cross trainer brand.
- Quite popular health model among people
- A vast range of exercise process
- Extensive features
- Technology-driven and enabled
- Comfortable seat and is both horizontally as well as vertically adjustable
- It has an LCD screen that acts as an odometer and displays time, speed, distance, and calories burned
- It has a 1-year warranty
- Slow customer service
Kamachi 328 ELOB-2017 Elliptical cross trainer is a great deal since you can carry out different types of cardio exercises such as and rowing. With both of these exercises, you can burn many calories while also working on your upper arms, shoulders and abdominal muscles.
This cross trainer comes with an extra handle that has a large computer screen attached to it. This screen displays speed, time, distance, and calories. You also get cycling pedals cornered with extra support for hassle-free running cycling. This machine is also equipped with Adjustable and cushioned seats, and you also get a twister, dumbbells, stepper, etc., for free.
The seat height of the elliptical cross trainer can be adjusted according to your height. Adjusting the height of the trainer will prevent you from injuring yourself while exercising.
Another feature added to the elliptical cross trainer to prevent injuries is the use of PVC that prevents you from slipping. Other features, such as foam and extra pedal support, also help enhance comfort and prevent injuries. Additionally, it is easy on the joints, making it great for people, be it young, old, or health-conscious individuals. It’s suitable for the whole family and attracts each user who wants good results and a healthy approach in their fitness regime. Overall it is a sturdy cross-trainer.
- Has dual-action handlebars
- It comes with an LCD
- The weight limit is up to 110 kg
- Free stepper, dumbbells, and a twister
- Seat height can be adjustable
- Easy to assemble
- Has a weight limit of up to 110 kgs
- A little bit on the expensive side
The Reach CF-200 Elliptical Cross-Trainer offers a total body workout with maximum comfort levels that put no stress on joints, making it suitable for all ages. The fluid movement is perfect for weight loss, toning your body, and improving coordination.
The silent magnetic technology that powers the resistance ensures a noiseless workout, irrespective of the time. Its sophisticated performance is backed up with technology as the resistance system is based on a special electromagnetic device that ensures fluid movement for extreme comfort.
This elliptical trainer features extensive characteristics right from stationary handles for only lower body workout, a stride length of 21 inches, a heart rate monitoring system, a 10 kg flywheel, and 8 magnetic resistance levels to comfy anti-slip pedals. It has easy to move wheels, anti-shake resistance, and an additional tablet holder. The ergo grip stationary handlebar provides stability during lower-body workouts. This elliptical has a maximum user weight capacity of 120 Kg.
- It has a Front Drive motor type
- Ideal for cross-training, Cardio Exercise, Weight Loss, Complete Body Workout
- It has a Maximum Weight Capacity of 120 kg
- Has Feature such as Heart Rate Monitor, LED Display, Adjustable Resistance Levels
- Has 8 Resistance Levels
- Has an led display type
- It can be noisy after wear and tear
XTRA FS3.5 Steel Elliptical Cross Trainer has exceptional ergonomic details suited for a good elliptical cross trainer. Its features include a 2-degree inward tilt of the foot pedals, which further alleviates the stress put on the knees and ankles—moreover, the proper position of the dual-action handlebars aids in keeping your wrists in a neutral position.
This elliptical has an exceptional feel of a 17-inch ellipse motion which allows you to exercise longer and aids in your workout sessions. The FS3.5 steel elliptical cross trainer also includes speakers and an audio jack, thereby allowing you to connect and listen to entertainment on your MP3 player or mobile phone.
There is also a water bottle holder to keep you well hydrated during sessions. Overall, it’s a decent and sturdy elliptical machine for working out daily.
- It has a Stride Length of 17’
- Has 1-24 resistance control Level
- Flywheel Weighs 5.6 Kgs
- FS3.5 Console has 24 specific programs
- 1-year Warranty
- 17-inch ellipse motion
- water bottle holder
- includes speakers and an audio jack
- Decent quality
- It can be a little noisy after continuous usage
The Reach Evolve Elliptical Cross Trainer + Stepper is an updated gym machine that uniquely offers a complete body workout. As compared to other cross trainers, its pedal trajectory has a unique feature that can be angled upwards so that the movement of your legs has both vertical and horizontal components.
This aids in targeting multiple muscles of your body at the same time. It is smooth in its working and gives you a minimal amount of Fatigue while working out. This cross trainer has a slanted trajectory for pedals so that it can aid in challenging sessions.
This elliptical can also be referred to as a 2-IN-1 HIIT trainer. It comprises an oval path with synchronized handlebars, plus it has stepper movements that provide a total-body workout. Overall, it’s a space-saving, easy to install, and a compact elliptical machine that combines the benefits of a vertical climber, an elliptical trainer, and an exercise stepper. Go for it if you want to have a silent, smooth and efficient workout.
- Has a Maximum User Weight of 100 Kg
- Has a Magnetic Resistance System
- Is an Elliptical Cross Trainer with Climber + has a Stepper Function
- Comes with Padded Pedals
- Has a Chain Drive System
- It has a Monitor that displays Speed, Distance, Time, Calories, Odometer
- Transport Wheels for easy portability
- A bit on the costlier side
The Xterra FS 4.0e Cardio Elliptical Cross Trainer offers you a complete body workout. It targets both your upper and lower body. This cross trainer is a perfect option for those who want to work out but do not want to go outside due to time constraints or work schedules.
It is perfect for home use and comes with a focus on accurate ergonomic details that include an inward tilt to the pedals and moving handlebars for your comfort. While this machine’s stride length is fixed, it is set at 18-inches, which is reasonable for most users. Overall it doesn’t occupy a lot of space and can be a good machine for people who want to start their journeys for being a fitness enthusiast.
The elliptical cross trainer features exceptional ergonomic details like the 2-degree inward tilt of the foot pedals, which alleviates stress on the knees and ankles. The dual-action handlebars’ proper position keeps your wrist in a neutral position and an FS4 console for programming specific program buttons that allow you to exercise with your stored or preset workout program. Overall, it highly convenient that makes it a perfect choice for your home.
- It has a weight capacity of 325 lbs
- Oversized pedals having a 2-degree inversion
- Pulse grip heart rate monitoring
- Has 20 electronic resistance levels
- The flywheel weighs 21 lbs
- Compatible with mp3
- Lifetime warranty on brakes and frame
- Easy to assemble
- Reasonable price
- Only 2 custom options
- Stride length is not adjustable
- One year warranty on parts
The Afton elliptical fx-50 elliptical trainer is a sleek and well-designed cross trainer for your home. It looks elegant and acts as a highly functional elliptical workout. The ergonomic functions consist of a console that is smart and functional. This machine has 8 magnetic resistance levels and can be considered an ideal elliptical trainer for your homes.
Its smooth and ergonomic design offers a great elliptical workout. The console is smart and functional. It has a stride length of 14 inches and manual resistance control. Overall, this elliptical machine is a good option for beginners.
- Takes less space
- Good servicing
- Ideal for homes
- Easy to assemble
- Pedalling backwards can cause belt dislocation
Aerofit AF 601 ES Elliptical Cross Trainer with Hand Grip Pulse Sensor is another top-quality fitness machine that will surely help you perform a top-quality working out. It has a lot of features that ensure you experience an easy and comfortable workout session. It is an indoor machine that can be placed easily in your homes and is considered a good elliptical by many households due to its less space capacity and extensive features.
This elliptical cross trainer is ergonomically designed with a comfortable seat and possesses 8 levels of vertical seat adjustment. The handlebars are U-Bar style and have an in-built contact heart rate sensor with hand grips.
Extra-wide paddles with adjustable straps are given to fit any size user. The LCD console time, speed, distance, odometer, pulse, and calories It has a maximum user weight capacity of 100 kgs.
- Has a Resistance Level of 8 Levels,
- The flyWheel weighs 5 Kg
- It is precision balanced.
- The build quality of the product is impressive
- It is easy to install
- A bit noisy
Manufacturers of Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine have always tried to adopt perfection. It is one of the most preferred brands for home fitness purposes and has appealed to the masses as the ‘best option’ for an elliptical cross-trainer. It delivers high performance, has a resistance level of 20, with an inbuilt function of 22 programs installed. These programs enable you to experience different types of exercises. One of this cross trainer’s key features is that it includes a chargeable USB port, speakers, and media shelf.
The 22 preset exercise programs include 9 profiles,8 heart rate control, 2 Custom user-defined,2 fitness tests, 1 quick start, and some additional features. This elliptical has a resistance of 20 levels of eddy current brake resistance with a lifetime warranty for the frame and 1 year for Spares and labor.
- Dual functionality is available
- A reputed brand with good reviews
- Extensive features
- It comes with a Precision Path foot motion technology
- Has Dual track two LCD screen System
- Some of the parts are prefixed; therefore, they are not flexible
Best Elliptical Cross Trainer in India – Buying Guide
In the above section, we have listed some of the best elliptical cross trainers that are available in India, but how do you choose one that suits you and fulfills all the requirements you have? To help you choose the best elliptical cross trainer for you, we have provided you with a buying guide that will cover all the aspects you should consider before buying the elliptical cross trainer.
Factors to consider while buying the best elliptical cross trainer in India
1. Usability: Elliptical machines should be of your use, and therefore their usability should be a great factor while purchasing them. You should go for an elliptical that matches your comfort, has the appropriate features you are looking for, and a good warranty period for your longer usability. Since it is pricey gym equipment, you should buy it according to your usability and needs.
2. Smooth Pedaling: Ellipticals have pedals that pivot to match the user’s normal stride. Additionally, some models are manufactured with pedals that can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs. The pedals should be in close vicinity to make the stride as normal as possible. The stride motion shouldn’t be strenuous on your legs, and therefore, smooth pedalling is important while working out on an elliptical cross-trainer.
3. Space: Elliptical machines take up a lot of space in your home, and it is advisable to consider proper space management when you are buying an elliptical cross-trainer. An elliptical machine can be as long as 4 to 7 feet making it ideal for medium-sized homes. You should leave room for the pedals while you’re in motion on the elliptical. The total amount of space that you’ll be needing for an elliptical machine would be approximately 8 feet long by 4 feet width. This floor space should have an adequate buffer zone of at least 4-6 inches for headroom and should also be equipped with at least 20 inches of space around the cross-trainer.
4. Stride Length: Having a cross-trainer with A good stride length will allow you to work out comfortably. The stride length is dependent on your height. However, a long stride length is always preferable. The stride length should be longer since it will allow your feet’ convenient and natural movement without putting any strain on your joint or muscles. The range of the stride length should be between 30 cm to 50 cm. Long strides will aid you in reaping the full benefits of the workouts. One should never overlook stride length since it can have a major impact on your performance. People under 5 feet 3 inches can easily work out on an elliptical machine with a stride length of 16 to 18 inches. This can be extended up to 20 inches. People whose heights are 5 feet 7 inches or taller should work out on an elliptical with a stride length of 20 inches.
5. Flywheel Position: The flywheel is one of the most important parts of an elliptical machine. It is the piece that moves along when you are applying pressure to the pedals and moving the handgrips. It controls the degree of ease when you work out on an elliptical. The heavier an elliptical flywheel is, the smoother and quieter it functions. This is because the extra weight aids it in spinning efficiently. Elliptical trainers consist of flywheels that range from 10 pounds to 50 pounds, but most home-style ellipticals are equipped with a flywheel that weighs around 13 pounds. The drive belt is what connects the flywheel to the pedals. Grooves should be of higher quality since the transfer of energy between flywheels and them can result in a noiseless operation.
6. Adjustable Resistance: The elliptical machine’s resistance power determines the amount of intensity you need to employ for working out on the machine. Some difficulties can arise during the workout sessions, which can be due to the resistance levels. The resistance degrees manage your speed, i.e. in some of the elliptical machines, you can generate resistance by applying the brakes. The brakes can be manually adjusted as per your choice.
Another way of applying resistance to your workout is through means of electromagnets. The electromagnetic solution makes your work easier. Controlling the distance of electromagnets through the elliptical machine’s console.
Different types of elliptical cross-trainers are equipped with different ranges of resistance levels. Go for an elliptical machine with a higher range of resistance levels that can be adjustable.
7. Types of Handles: If you want to work on your upper body through cardio exercise, you should be equally sceptical about the quality of handles. For effectiveness, you should cater to the best suitable handles for your needs and comfort. You can opt for Choosing to let go of the moving handlebars. This can help engage your lower body since you’re not splitting your upper and lower body load. If you don’t want to choose between holding on to and letting go of the moving handles, you can probably have a better workout since handles help strengthen your hand muscles and shoulders. For a total body cardio and strength workout that also works on your balance and stabilization, you should try to alternate between holding on to and letting go of the moving handles as this will result in greater focus, efficiency and increase workout stamina.
8. Weight Support: While buying an elliptical machine for home purposes, it is highly advisable to check the weight that the elliptical machine can undergo. Checking the weight capacity is an important point because ellipticals designed for home use are generally manufactured for lower weight capacity. To avoid this problem, it is advisable to opt for an elliptical which has a Weight capacity of 120 Kgs.
9. Warranty: Warranties play a major role, and many people forget to look for them since a warranty stands as an appropriate indicator of quality and the trust with which the manufacturer guarantees their product. They are based on many factors, but most brands have a lifetime warranty on the machine’s frame. For a good elliptical trainer, go for a machine that has a minimum warranty of 5 years.
10. Price: Money can be a big factor while buying gym equipment. Elliptical trainers vary in price depending on their features and conditions. You should figure out your body types, height measurements, etc., and then decide upon an elliptical. You should also consider your space management and whether a small machine or a large machine will be sufficient.
Advantages Of Elliptical Cross Trainer For Home
An elliptical cross trainer for home is one of the most sought-after and result-oriented workout equipment. It has many advantages and can be a good investment for keeping your overall health up-to-date. Some of them are –
1) A cross trainer can help you work and move the entire body. This, in turn, keeps you active and works out both the upper body and the lower body. Elliptical cross trainers are touted to reduce the stress and strain on your legs through a continuous elliptical motion since your feet do not leave the pedals.
2) You can alter the pace as well as the tension of the cross-trainer. It also comes with adjustable pressure and speed settings for monitoring your workout sessions. An elliptical cross trainer offers you various challenging exercise programs that give you a feeling of hill climbing or running through alternating resistance. You can also monitor your heart rate and control it by adjusting resistance levels.
3) People who are trying to lose weight can be highly benefitted from cross-trainers. By using an elliptical cross trainer, you can lose that extra fat faster. Regular usage of a cross-trainer can down your body. Furthermore, you can choose resistance levels and customized programs by the degree of your workout. Working out on an elliptical doesn’t tire you out or cause exhaustion; instead, you burn the optimal amount of calories compared to a normal workout regime.
4) This equipment aims to target your work and your entire body so that you can be stronger, healthier, and fitter. What makes an elliptical cross trainer unique is that it helps you work on your upper body and your lower body.
5) It will also protect your joints as this is not intense workout equipment.
6) Using an elliptical cross trainer can significantly improve your heart health by reducing blood circulation, cholesterol, burning calories, reducing stress, etc. Many elliptical trainers are equipped with wireless heart rate control, which can further optimize your workout. It lets your heart rate control the resistance level.
7) Elliptical trainers can be easily installed in your homes. Therefore you can work out at any time. They are easy to install, and most of them occupy less space.
Types Of Elliptical Cross Trainer
There are various types of elliptical cross-trainers. Some of them are –
Incline Cross Trainer: This trainer has a unique feature of inclination that is preinstalled in them. This feature allows you to alter the degree of slope. This can be highly beneficial for rigorous workouts and can improve and tone down your muscles.
Centre Drive Cross Trainer: Centre drive elliptical trainers are based on the position of the flywheel. The flywheel, also known as the drive system, is situated on the elliptical machine’s side. Unlike the usual ellipticals that have flywheels positioned either on the front or the back of the machine, this type of cross trainer has a flywheel in the machine’s centre.
The design of this cross trainer makes this equipment home-friendly. Though the elliptical cross trainer is a little bit pricey, it will be worth it because of its noiseless and smooth functioning.
Variable Stride Length Cross Trainer: The stride plays an important role while exercising on an elliptical. The stride’s length plays an equally important role; a short stride length can develop an uncomfortable feeling in your legs, while a long stride length will put excessive pressure on your muscles. Therefore as a solution, their variable stride length cross-trainers. These elliptical machines have the option of adjusting various stride lengths. If you are going to buy these types of ellipticals, then your height won’t be an issue since you’ll be able to adjust the dimension as well as the length of the stride.
Electromagnetic Resistance Cross Trainer – As there are no parts to wear out or break down, this is generally a more stable and durable braking method that requires less maintenance. The stronger the magnetic field will be around the flywheel, the more resistance would be put on the pedals’ motion, making it harder to pedal. This variant of the elliptical machine got its name by its source of resistance power since these cross trainers have electromagnets attached to the machine. The electromagnets are situated near the flywheel, thus giving its resistance power. There is a button that is used for operating the system. Pushing the button gives rise to more power to the magnet, thus increasing the resistance.
Ergometer Cross Trainer: Some of the elliptical machines have a device named an ergometer. The device is used to record your performance while working out. The ergometers aid in measuring the resistance level in watts. This device is important for gym freaks who want accurate statistics. However, this might not be useful or the right choice for day-to-day users.
Belt Resistance Cross Trainer: There is an option of the elliptical machine where the belt and the flywheel can change the resistance degrees. The belt resistance cross trainer is inexpensive and is mainly for home purposes to carry out the activity mentioned above.
Rear Driven Cross Trainer: The rear-driven cross trainer is named so because the flywheel of the elliptical is placed in the rear of the machine. The motion generated by placing the flywheel in the rear end or the back of the machine is what makes it distinct and unique.
Front Driven Cross Trainer: The front-driven cross trainer is named because its flywheel is located on the elliptical machine’s front side. The flywheel’s arrangement in front of the machine develops a unique motion while working out on it.
Fan Elliptical Cross Trainer: Anyone can afford the fan elliptical cross trainer. There is a fan attached to the cross-trainer machine that manages the resistance level. The speed of the fan is directly related to the resistance levels. The fan is suitable for use as it is noiseless and functions smoothly without any hassle.
So, What is the best cross trainer for home use? These reviews on some of the best elliptical cross trainers should help you answer that question. All of these machines come with high-end features and are equally good in terms of quality. You can choose the best one for use based on budget, space available, requirements, and preferences. In essence, an elliptical cross trainer acts as a great exercise tool if you want to be fit while staying at home. It is a one-time investment, and even though it is expensive, it is better to invest in it in the long run.